Sunday, November 30, 2008

Everything back together

After resting for a bit, actually an entire day. I got back to reinstalling the engine. Engine went in after 15mins, hah, getting good at this, have all the angles figured out to clear the alternator nut and intake manifold heat riser. Attached everything back on, A/C bracket, compressor etc.

Car was ready to be driven.

I don't have a driving license though, so only the other guys can drive the car, usually taking it around the block, this only tests 1st 2nd and 3rd gears, we did that a couple of times, it seemed fine. No more popout from 3rd gear.

It would be a good 3 days later, before the Beetle was driven 'properly' and 4th gear utilised. All good here.

No comments: